The first step in any evaluation is to determine your primary reason for conducting one. Next, identify the end users of the evaluation results.
Why do you need an evaluation?
- To assess program performance
- To verify the program is accomplishing targeted goals
- To improve service quality and program effectiveness
- To provide accountability to funders, managers, or administrators
- To provide evidence suitable for public relations and service promotion in the community
Who will use the evaluation findings?
- Program staff
- Managers and directors
- Program participants
- Other service providers in the community