We worry about sexting by minors. What it says about their sexual and relationship health. The short and long term effects sexually explicit photographs distributed by cell phone or posted online can have on their lives.
• Think critically about the meaning of diversity.
• To value their own cultures as well as other people’s cultures and to reflect on the lives and perspectives of people who are different from themselves.
• To become more aware of the stereotypes we have all inadvertently picked up.
• To respect the differences and similarities in people.
• To become more comfortable discussing cultural differences.
(a) Why social responsibility (commitment to others and the greater good) and civic action (e.g.,
volunteering, community connections) are critical aspects of child and adolescent
(b) Malleable features of youth-adult relationships and program settings that nurture social
responsibility values and civic action; and
(c) Concrete activities and practices for leveraging youth-adult relationships to deepen youth’s
community connections, voice, and social and civic commitment.